Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 15

So thus far, I've modified the regimen to do my workout first, then Qigong. So here's where I'm at.

Workout:
1) Cardio - Sprint/Walk intervals for one mile
2) Resistance - Push-ups, pull-ups, hang cleans
3) Stretching

Qigong:
1) Rooting - Tree Pose
2) Gathering - Breathing exercises
3) Harmonizing - Microcosmic Orbit, Tai Chi

Diet:
1) Still eating like a fat ass, but less frequently, and less portions.
2) 64 oz of water

Overall, I can feel some difference in daily energy. When I feel the most energy is right after the Qigong session. I've noticed that whenever I do Qigong after the workout, I feel a world of difference in my energy level. I feel very light and ready to rock 'n roll. Before I started this Qigong/Taoist regimen, I felt like shit after workouts. So doing Qigong is definitely a good way to build up energy after spending it on exercising.

However, something has to happen with my diet. I think it's more important than my exercise regimen in that my need to drop the adipose tissue and to normalize my blood levels (cholesterol, triglycerides, etc) has more to do with diet than exercise. Sure, exercise will help, but not as quickly as proper intake.

So let's work on that. I feel as if the effects of Qigong would be a lot more pronounced if my diet were correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment