Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 8 - a slight change in Qigong regimen

Well, today I decided I wanted to keep my morning Qigong practice more towards the gathering of Qi and circulation of Qi. I decided to omit the quiet sitting meditation for the mornings, and save that for later on during the day or towards the evening.

So what I did differently during my "Breathing the Mile" (400 deep breaths) exercises was breath even deeper and faster, while holding my palms on my navel, right palm over left. The previous days, I had my arms in a sort of circle, as if holding a beach ball to my lower abdomen, while expanding/contracting my arms with every inhale/exhale.

So with the new hand positions, together with the faster/deeper breathing techniques, I felt yet an even bigger change from yesterday. By the time I was done with that segment, my whole body was vibrating, particularly my upper body and my arms/hands. Very interesting and pleasant. I felt as if my body were vibrating with pure energy.

Afterwards, I did my Microcosmic Orbit. Today, I decided to do this sitting on the edge of my couch, take nine deep breaths, holding my breath on the nine breath while leading the Qi to my navel, exhaling, then doing nine rotations of the Microcosmic Orbit. I did this nine times. By the time I was done with that, my energy level was still high.

After that, I did the Tai Chi Yang 24 form once, then did some light cardio and yoga for a few minutes.

So in summary:

1. Tree Pose - meditation on deep rooting
2. Gathering Qi - 400 deep breaths in to lower dantien (around/just below the navel)
3. Microcosmic Orbit (Small Circulation) - 9 deep breaths and 9 rotations for 9 sets
4. Taijiquan - Tai Chi 24 Posture Yang Form
5. Light cardio
6. Yoga - basic sun salutations

I feel good, so far even better than the first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment