Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Qigong

You know... I'd have to be honest. I haven't been religious about my practicing of Qigong. For the last 2 weeks, I've been studying for midterms till late at night, causing me to sleep in until my son wakes up. Lemme tellya, it's pretty darn hard to supervise a 2 year old while trying to get into a meditative state. So yeah, now that midterms are over, I can get back on the horse.

As far as diet is concerned... again, I'd have to be honest, I haven't really been a good boy. But since the last entry, I've changed a bit. I probably lost a good 3-4 pounds, be it just water weight I bet. But since I'm well hydrated, losing excess water weight is a good thing.

I haven't really kept up with my cardio, although I have been doing my resistance training with weights, as well as calisthenics.

But the main thing here is Qigong. Over the past month, I've been influenced by real-deal guys, mainly Michael Winn and Michael Lomax. As a matter of fact, not only did I pick up books and DVD's from both of them, I also managed to book a Qigong workshop with Michael Lomax.

After reading his book and watching his DVD, I'm very much looking forward to working with Michael Lomax. From the looks of it, we're talking about some potent stuff here. Not only are we talking about gathering Qi, but we're talking about healing people... and at the highest levels, healing people through dreams and other planes of reality. We're talking quantum here. So far, I've just been working with the very basic stuff from his book and DVD and letting the workshop teach me the rest.

As far as Michael Winn, there's a level of healing in there as well because that's what Qigong is all about. But it's not medical Qigong, it's more on the gathering and harmonizing Qi, while healing yourself, not necessarily others (though he does have a DVD for healing others, which I just ordered). He comes from a very Taoist mindset and has pretty good seminars and retreats in his little nook in North Carolina (I think?) But after reading about him for a bit, he's pretty mystical. I like it. I haven't gone through all his DVD's that I ordered yet, but so far it's really good stuff.

After Lomax's workshop I'm gonna really work on what routine is gonna best work for my personality, lifestyle and philosophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment