Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 57 - even MORE changes

The last 57 days have flown by so quickly that it's been a blur. However, in the last few weeks, I've been experiencing some major changes.

Basically, nothing has really changed in my workout regimen. However, my need to feel full every time I eat has been diminishing... but the big change is the frequency in which I eat. I've only really felt the need to eat a single meal every day. Not only that, but the meal is usually mainly greens and fruit, and very little grains/starch/bread.

What that means, is my meditations and Qigong regimen has really been helping me curb my appetite, yet have more than enough energy to workout and study throughout the day.

But the real changes were in my Qigong regimen. I was doing tree pose, microcosmic orbit and Tai Chi, but now I'm doing some simple movements to "play" with Qi, and doing quiet sitting cultivation. These techniques were introduced to me by a friend of mine who does Medical Qigong, and I find them far more powerful than the techniques I've done before, at least for me.

These techniques are called "Stillness-Movement," and are taught by an American Qigong master named Michael Lomax: http://qigongamerica.blogspot.com/

Just last weekend, a buddy of mine and I decided we were gonna take a trip to Indiana to learn more about Michael Lomax's techniques. The workshop was for 3 days, 2 days of learning some cultivation techniques, and the last day we learned how to apply our cultivation for healing others. Lemme tellya... when I first walked into the workshop and shook Michael Lomax's hand, it was incredible. I've never felt such an energetic presence like his before. It was like every cell of his being emits gamma rays of healing and compassion.

So naturally, I feel that his techniques really work for me and I can feel my vibrational level skyrocket when I'm done. I feel as if I'm as energetic as a beam of light, yet so relaxed that the world almost stands still.

That's interesting, because in Einstein's special theory of relativity, if you're riding on something going extremely fast (like a train), time becomes relatively slower. But if you're on a beam of light, time almost stands still. And that's what I've felt like. But I digress...

So yeah, while I was out there, (to make a long story short) I also came up with the idea start reading Taoist scripture every day, and be a true entry-level urban Taoist monk. I've been focusing on Qigong and school so much, I've been forgetting to study where it all came from.

Overall, I feel great so far. My wife is telling me that I look younger and certain stress lines in my face have diminished, like I've been reborn.

No comments:

Post a Comment